know the eligibility criteria to attain a dubai visa for gcc residents
- Author- Mansi
- Publish Date-
Dubai is a serene place and a very successful tourist attraction. According to a survey, around 16.73 million tourists visit Dubai every year. Irrespective of the distance, multitudes visit Dubai because it is worth the time and other resources they’d spend. If you’re a Gulf Cooperation Council [GCC] resident and wish to visit the UAE, enumerated below are the following measures that ought to be well known to you.
What is the GCC?
- GCC stands for Gulf Cooperation Council. Fringing the gulf is situated the political and lucrative union of the Arab States, the Gulf Cooperation Council [GCC]. GCC residents have entirely visa-free access to all seven emirates of the UAE, including Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Fujairah, Sharjah, Umm Al-Quwain, and Ras Al-Khaimah.
- The GCC comprises these six majestic nations, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. With its headquarters in Riyadh, GCC stands as a symbol of unity. The foundation for GCC was laid on 25th May 1981.
- The sole idea of combining and promoting the common Islamic interests of its member nations led to the establishment of the GCC. It instilled a sense of unity and fraternity in them.
READ ALSO: CORONAVIRUS IMPACT ON DUBAI TOURISM
How can GCC residents obtain a Dubai visa?
Albeit GCC residents have no necessity to obtain a Dubai visa, claiming one is always a prudent choice. GCC residents can easily submit their application for the attainment of a Dubai visa and gain access to an e-visa. Listed below are the steps they will need to follow:
- When filling out the visa application form, the first requirement is to specify their nationality and choose the type of visa they want.
- Once the application form is filled out, the individual is supposed to upload a scanned copy of the documents and other visa requirements.
- They can make the payment via any feasible payment gateway.
- Once the payment is confirmed, they will receive an email confirming their payment and specifying their application ID.
- The users can track their visa on the portal and download them after it is approved.
- With all this done, they will have to get their visa verified.
Prerequisites for applying for an e-visa
- The individual should possess a GCC residency that is rational for up to 3 months after their arrival.
- Similarly, their passport has to be justifiable for the six months of duration.
Conditions to be aware of
- The GCC sponsor of a GCC expatriate resident fails if under any circumstances fails to travel with them, then the expatriate’s application shall not receive approval.
- A GCC visa is valid for 30 days and can be extended for 30 days only once.
- An expired GCC visa at the time of arrival will not prove helpful in granting permission to enter the boundaries.
- You will receive your dubai e-Visa via mail only after it has gained approval.
READ ALSO: OVERNIGHT DESERT SAFARI
The United Arab Emirates comes under the Gulf Cooperation Council. Hence any GCC resident looking forward to spending some time in the UAE doesn’t face any unforeseen scenarios. GCC residents are always welcome in the UAE. They can either apply for an e-visa or avail of a visa on arrival at the airport. It is always better to keep a visa, to enjoy a hassle-free vacation. The above article is aimed at helping you with all your queries regarding a visa if you’re a GCC resident.