what is the dubai 96 hour transit visa
- Author- Vijaya
- Publish Date-
Dubai, the magnificent city has become a dream destination for tourists worldwide. The city has developed itself as one of the prime tourist destinations throughout the world and hosts millions of tourists every year. Though the city is one of the most admired places in the world, sometimes it just comes up as transit in passengers’ journeys. Many times passengers need to stop at the Dubai airport for the transit period. In such a situation, having a valid transit visa becomes necessary.
Many times the passengers are not well familiar with the transit visas and seek guidance. If you are also looking to learn about the 96-hour Dubai Transit Visa then this article is going to be helpful for you. Read further to learn about it.
WHEN DO YOU NEED A TRANSIT VISA
The world is one big palace and sometimes you can't directly fly to your destination country from your homeland, you may need to stop at the airport of a third country. These short stays called transit usually last for a few hours. In such situations, it becomes necessary to have a legal transit visa to conduct your further journey.
Dubai or UAE has made it mandatory for passengers to carry a transit visa if any of the Emirates falls as transit. There are a few exceptions to this rule.
READ ALSO: BUDGET-FRIENDLY HOTELS IN DUBAI
WHO DOES NOT REQUIRE A TRANSIT VISA
A passenger does not require a transit visa during his/her layover in Dubai if they or fulfill any of these conditions:
- The Citizens of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) do not require any transit during their layover in Dubai. All that they need to provide is a valid GCC Country Passport or national ID card at the time of their entry into the Emirates.
- The citizens of a country who are eligible to obtain a visa on arrival do not need to produce a transit visa.
96-HOUR TRANSIT VISA
The United Arab Emirates authorities issue transit visas for 48 hours and 96 hours. The two 96-hour transit visa remains a more popular choice.
RULES CONCERNED WITH TRANSIT VISA
- Transit visas are issued for a limited period of time and cannot be renewed.
- The transit visa expires as soon as the passenger leaves the national border of the UAE. Passengers will need to obtain a fresh transit visa once they return to the country even if the 48/96 hour time limit has not been crossed.
- The 48-hour transit visa cannot be extended to a 96-hour transit visa.
APPLYING FOR A 96-HOUR TRANSIT VISA
The passenger must apply for a transit visa if Dubai falls as a layover, it does not matter what is the duration of stay. Applying for a transit visa may get confusing due to the complementary nature of the permit, but don't worry as at Dubai Visa Center, we have made the transit visa application simple and compact so that it does apply for an additional visa does not become a stressful task.
READ ALSO: IMPORTANCE OF TRANSIT VISA
Arrange the necessary documents for applying for a Transit visa.
- The passport of the passenger with a minimum of four blank pages.
- The passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of application.
- A colored photograph highlighting the facial features of the applicant.
- The photograph must be clicked against a white background
TICKET TO THE THIRD COUNTRY
- The onward flight ticket booking to the third/destination country along with the ticket from the country you are coming from. If there is a single ticket covering the whole trip, then
Once you have arranged all the documents just visit Dubai Visa Center and you will be guided for the further procedure.
READ ALSO: PREPARING THE BAGGAGE FOR DUBAI TRIP
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR TRANSIT
Just staying around the airport is not what we would recommend even if you are visiting Dubai for a few hours, the city is just too amazing to be missed out. If you are in Dubai for a layover, then you can make the most of your time by doing these things;
- Get some retail therapy at the Dubai Mall
- Experience the magic of Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo
- Ski in the Desert at the Dubai Mall
The amazing city of Dubai may not be your destination every time, sometimes the city may fall as a layover to your destination. In such situations, it is necessary to provide a valid transit visa. The 96-hour Dubai transit visa remains a more popular choice over the 48-hour Dubai transit visa. as it provides more freedom and flexibility to the visa holder.
Whether you need to apply for a transit visa, tourist visa, or any other type of visa, the Dubai Visa Center is always present to make your visa application process seamless and convenient.